Thursday, May 24, 2018

ENDORSEMENT: Al Redmer for Baltimore County Executive

Al Redmer for Baltimore County Executive
With the support of Maryland’s own Larry Hogan, Al Redmer hardly needs endorsement by a virtual newcomer such as myself – me being a fairly-recent transplant to the GOP from the world of third-party liberty politics. His credentials speak to his forty-five-year commitment to public service: he’s served on many community councils over the years, excelled in the private sector, served District 8 as a Maryland State Delegate, and has held his current seat as Maryland Insurance Commissioner under two governors. Redmer is as well-acclimated to public service as any I have met among the ranks of local public representation & the politics that accompany it.
Instead, I’ll speak to what I’ve seen personally since I initially met Al, for those of you who have perhaps not had the pleasure. I met him walking into the campaign kickoff of a candidate for Baltimore County Council. He spent his evening egregiously welcoming all who attended, introducing himself to those who may not have previously made his acquaintance (including myself). We didn’t have the opportunity for much discussion about his plans for Baltimore County, but after all, we were there to support a candidate running for County Council for what I deem ‘all the right reasons,’ a true supporter of transparency and accountability who is driven by an ethos of fiscal conservatism and individual liberty. Later that evening, Al sent me a message directly saying it was a pleasure to have met earlier that day. To be direct and concise, Al Redmer is a long-time “key player” in Baltimore County and he certainly didn’t owe me so much as a passing glance – much less a sincere and personal message – and since then, as I’ve learned more about Al and his plans for the community, Al has kept in touch, even offering kind words of sincerity when I announced that I would be putting my own campaign for representative office on hold temporarily. He had absolutely nothing to gain from his kindness al along, but it would seem that’s just the kind of guy he is, and for that, I am so thankful – and impressed.
Since then, I’ve seen him at multiple community & campaign kickoff events; he’s always a man on the go, full of energy, a lot of personality and exuberance about public representation and the people of Baltimore County. I’ve been following him along the campaign trail, seeing him visiting many areas of Baltimore County meeting one-on-one with concerned citizens in many neighborhoods about their ongoing problems and needs for clean-up efforts across the county.
A coworker and I were discussing events around town not long ago and Al’s name came up – she shared with me that her fiancĂ© has worked in his office in years past and that Al was the best boss a guy could ask for! Clearly his reputation precedes him.
You won’t hear that kind of praise in passing conversation about his opponents. But then, Al Redmer is a genuine, sincere, one-of-a-kind guy who is very in touch with the community he has represented in so many capacities for nearly five decades.
He has my vote, and I hope he will have yours as well.
Vote Al Redmer for Baltimore County Executive in the Republican Primary on June 26, 2018. https://www.facebook.com/AlRedmer2018/
Thank you in advance.
God bless you, my friends.
And as always,
God Bless our United States of America.
In Liberty,
Joseph D. Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment