Thursday, May 24, 2018

ENDORSEMENT: Carl Magee for Baltimore County Sheriff

Carl Magee for Baltimore County Sheriff
Shortly after having made up my mind to pursue public representation in the 2018 Maryland elections, I had but a small group of men in whom I felt I could honestly confide how clueless I felt about the learning experience that is understanding and undertaking the launch of a grassroots campaign for office. I wasn’t discouraged, but knew it was one helluva learning experience I had in store.
But those men, some of them with extensive experience in local politics, and some of them at the head of their own campaigns for public office, pointed me to a gentleman who had previously run for Congress right here out of Baltimore County, Maryland, and who was speaking of possible plans to run for a more local level of office. They encouraged me to reach out right away – that he wouldn’t steer me wrong, that he was a straight-shooter who could tell me all about the scene and his experiences within it.
Five minutes later in a horrendous rainstorm outside of my day job, perched under a Victorian awning on grounds, I was on the phone with Carl Magee. Carl is, in fact, a straight-shooter: just earlier this evening as I write this, in fact, he and I were on the phone and I was reminding him of the first, and incidentally, perhaps the wisest, advice I’d gotten from him, received within the first five minutes of our first conversation, about the competitive nature of local politics, and how you know when you’re excelling. He spoke from his own experience earnestly, without reservation, with enthusiasm and zest for the process of campaigning, in a tone and with a vigor that would have made anyone who bore witness to the conversation absolutely certain that we were business partners or longtime friends. That’s just the kind of guy he is. He immediately started making tentative plans with me to do meet & greets locally, to speak at a few of the venues where he knew he would be making appearances later during the campaign season.
Though my own campaign went on hiatus and I made the decision to run for public office down the road following 2018, I’ve proudly watched Carl’s own campaign for Baltimore County Sherriff gain momentum these last several months. And it has been remarkable, folks. In no uncertain terms, people are flocking by the masses to Carl Magee. And it’s not hard to see why.
Mr. Magee is the only candidate in his race who explicitly calls for, in no uncertain terms, “No Sanctuary,” and his brazen and unapologetic conviction, a reflection of what so many property owners in Baltimore yearn for – a safer, more prosperous Baltimore County – is what sets him apart from his competition. His mission in Baltimore County is overwhelmingly clear: absolute transparency in public service, accountability, and a higher standard than what we have come to expect and consider the norm. His campaign focuses also on a need for increased school safety and protections for our constitutional rights as citizens of this great country.
Meet him at one of his events this season and he will shake your hand, look you in the eye, and you’ll know, personally and immediately, his absolute conviction to his cause. He’ll be there with his gorgeous wife and his family, and they’ll probably be hosting an event somewhere easily accessible in town (and with great food at that, so you’ll be well-fed and in great company!) – because that’s just who Carl is, and none of this is by accident. See, a true ‘people’s guy’ knows what the people want, all the way down to meeting the man himself in a comfortable & personal setting, where you can really get to see & hear Carl’s vision for Baltimore County. And that’s Carl Magee all the way, point-blank, from day one.
I’m proud to endorse Carl Magee for Baltimore County Sheriff, and I’m proud to call him one of those rare few you meet in life who would give you the shirt off their own back should you need it, who will break bread with you no matter who you are and talk facts. He’s a guy who will go out of his way to meet you and to invite you along for the ride; he teaches what he preaches when it comes to transparency. And that’s rare – truly rare – in the politics that accompany public representation. Carl Magee unequivocally keeps it real, and that’s the man we need in a position of trusted public representation. Trust is huge with Carl Magee, and I do trust him. I firmly believe you will, too, should you reach out to him and see why he is, as I am sure you will come to find as I surely did, the right man for this job.
Vote Carl Magee for Baltimore County Sheriff in the Republican Primary on June 26, 2018. https://carlhmageejr.com/ and https://www.facebook.com/CarlHMageeJr/ are the best ways to reach him.
Thank you in advance.
God bless you, my friends.
And as always,
God Bless our United States of America.
In Liberty,
Joseph D. Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment