Thursday, November 9, 2017

Open Letter to Citizens of Baltimore County

AN OPEN LETTER 
TO THE
CITIZENS OF BALTIMORE COUNTY

It is foremost in the spirit of public service that I seek a representative position in the 42nd District Maryland House of Delegates where I may be of service to my neighbors in this district, this country and this State of Maryland. At the end of the day, my decision to run for office is all about ALL of YOU.

I’m not a “career politician,” a doctor (though I've worked with many), a lawyer, or an affluent businessman – after all, not everyone brings home a six-figure income annually. I’m a working-class Marylander making a fair living and I have no stakes in any representative position other than a sincere desire to bring principle, conscience, and the preservation of liberty to politics and public representation.

What sets me apart from the rest? For starters, I'm NOT a current or former politician, because we sure have enough of those. But more importantly, I'm NOT bought-and-sold, and am NOT obliged to "PARTY INSIDERS" - though I welcome their support if they truly believe in my message. What sets me apart from the rest, ultimately, is that by refusing the "red tape" that you find in politics that often keeps new faces from running for office, I can guarantee you that my ONLY allegiance is to YOU, and to the conservative values that matter to you. I don't subscribe to "politics as usual," I don't run local political clubs with access to high-profile "party favorites" and "party insiders." I'm a free agent who wants the same common-sense values and conservative approaches to legislation concerning OUR community.

I am a lifelong resident of Baltimore, Maryland, and a graduate of Loch Raven High School, the Community College of Baltimore County, and Towson University. I have come to fulfill many roles of service over the years. I’m a member of several local community councils here in Baltimore, including the Greater Parkville Community Council and the Police Community Relations Council Precinct 8. I am a healthcare professional working for over eleven years with world class physicians and practitioners in delivering mental health care services to the regional community in need; I also assist in providing hospice services to the regional community in need of ongoing palliative care via home & assisted-living community visitation. I assist at a local nonprofit animal rescue helping to house & care for abused animals in crisis; I’m a designated storm spotter for the National Weather Service; I am an ally and proponent of peer support recovery services for the community that has struggled with substance abuse, trauma, & related circumstances.

Public service is the most important part of my life, and an informed public is close to my heart.

My interest in the state of our communities, and my concern about our ever-growing authoritarian government, does NOT stem from some personal desire to find my way into a representative position with no term limit – in fact, actually, one of my main priorities is to dissolve limitless-term arrangements in public representation. The fact is that YOU deserve representation that HEARS YOU, which will propose & support legislation that directly BENEFITS YOU.

Because the truth is, this isn’t about me – this is about YOU, the Maryland citizen. We have a LOT TO GAIN from enacting the BEST CHANGES in our great state – clear, understandable, transparent changes. Specific action!

I am committed to proposing and supporting legislation that protects & preserves our Baltimore County communities by fighting forced Section 8 expansion into our neighborhoods and by combating illegal immigration in our communities. Property owners have worked their entire lives making homes and creating livelihoods in our communities, and the increase in crime levels threatens our safety, the safety of our most vulnerable neighbors & family members, and diminishes property values. We must work to reclaim our right to privacy and fight warrant-less surveillance in Maryland, too – including fighting the many-times failed red light & speed camera gimmicks, as studies have shown increases in accidents (including dangerous intersection collisions that occur following the installation of speed & red-light cameras), while they have a proven track record of being faulty and often unjustly drain taxpayers of millions of dollars of hard-earned income across the nation annually when citations are issued in error. Like forced Section 8 expansion in our community, the red light & speed light camera program is a prime example of underhanded "backroom deals" at the expense of liberty.

My friends and neighbors, this is not what the American Dream is supposed to be. We must act, and we require strong, like-minded leadership at the forefront of our efforts to preserve our communities.

And let's be honest: all too often, politicians have LET US DOWN for YEARS. Each time they’re elected for representative positions, they claim that they’ll enact “real change,” so much that it’s become cliché – but the truth is, they’re all too often only interested in GROWING BIG GOVERNMENT, REGULATING YOUR INDIVIDUAL CHOICES, and ultimately SPENDING MORE OF YOUR TAX MONEY. The only real difference between too many politicians is WHERE they want to spend YOUR money.

Perhaps one reason “career politicians” tend to be so unpopular is that they’re so easily bought-and-sold. Corporate lobbyists, crony capitalism, and the like – we hear about this all the time.

But I'm NOT bought-and-sold, as are too many of our career politicians. This campaign relies upon YOUR VOICES and MY PRESENCE. My campaign is as transparent and as clean as they come.

The fact is, a vote for Joseph Sandy is a vote for SMALLER GOVERNMENT and GREATER INDIVIDUAL LIBERTY, period!

Let's RESTORE AND PRESERVE LIBERTY together, and keep the right principles and conscience at the forefront of our Baltimore communities.

Marylanders deserve the best.

We CAN and MUST enact change.

I am a REAL PROSPECT for REAL REPRESENTATION and REAL CHANGE for Maryland.

Yours in Liberty, 
Joseph D. Sandy
www.ElectJoeSandy.com
By Authority of Friends of Joseph Sandy – Maurice Grace, Treasurer

No comments:

Post a Comment